Teleologica Ltd is a limited liability company registered in the Bailiwick of Jersey with registration number 80248 providing management consulting and advisory services to corporate clients. Our registered office is at Egret House, Mount Bingham, St Helier, Jersey.
We collect and use personal data in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (“Data Protection Legislation”) as explained here. For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation we are the “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you.
The Head of Privacy is our contact point responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to privacy or our treatment of your personal data. Should you wish to contact our Head of Privacy you can do so by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by writing to Head of Privacy at the registered office address given above.
How we collect your personal data
We obtain personal data about you:
- when our clients engages us to provide services and also during the provision of those services;
- when our suppliers or subcontractors provide services to us;
- when you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- when you contact us by email, telephone, post (for example when you have a query about our services or enquire about career opportunities); or
- from third parties and/or publicly available resources (for example, from your employer).
The kind of data about you we hold
The data we hold may include:
- your name, job title, business address, business telephone numbers and business email address;
- our correspondence and communications with you;
- information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- in some circumstances we may hold your private address and contact details (e.g. if you submit a job application).
How we use personal data we hold about you
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients and to comply with our legal obligations. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
In the course of providing services to clients we may incidentally process personal data for which our client is data controller. For example:
- during the implementation of a computerised information system we may migrate data from a previous system;
- we may resolve a fault in a computerised information system that affects personal data stored on that system
In these situations teleologica is a processor rather than a data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation. Processing performed by us as a processor is governed by the contract between us and our client.
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
“Third parties” includes subcontractors and third-party service providers of IT and cloud services.
Our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also share your personal data with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Transfer outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
We will transfer personal data we collect about you to third parties in a country or jurisdiction outside of the EEA.
The European Commission has recognised, Guernsey, Isle of Man (and Jersey) as providing adequate protection for your personal information for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation.
Where an adequacy decision has not been made by the European Commission the country will not be deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation. We have put in place standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission to ensure that your personal data is treated by applicable third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the Data Protection Legislation. Should you require further information about this please contact us using the contact details outlined above.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details above.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
- If you want to exercise any of the above rights please email or write to our data protection contact point.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Authority, the Jersey supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The Data Protection Authority address is Brunel House, Old Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 3RG. Website oicjersey.org.
Changes to Privacy information
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website teleologica.com.
This website does not store or capture personal information. The server on which this site is stored uses IP addresses only to deliver requested pages and collect statistical information.
The privacy information provided here does not extend to any linked third party sites.
No responsibility for loss to any person acting or refraining from acting as a result of any material on this web site can be accepted by teleologica ltd. Professional advice should be taken before applying the content of this web site to your particular circumstances.
Links are provided to third party material over which we have no control and we accept no responsibility for the content thereof.
Precautions should be taken when downloading material or email attachments to avoid computer virus attack.
The contents of this web site are copyright © teleologica 2002 – 2019. You may reproduce content for your personal review. You may also copy content on this site to others provided that any such copy is accurate and not misleading, is provided free of charge, acknowledges teleologica as its source and incorporates the www.teleologica.com web address. All other use and reproduction of any content on this site is prohibited.